Wednesday, August 21, 2013

For the Sake of Revenge
A Alaskan Vampire Novel

Author: DL Atha
Published Date July 2, 2013
Pages: 288
Purchase :
Amazon

Synopsis:
How far was Tamara willing to go for revenge? And who would pay the price? She didn't know as she lifted the bottle to her lips but she was about to find out. Stepping off the ferry in Sitka, Alaska was bittersweet for Tamara Semenov. A decade earlier she had abandoned her mother and high school sweetheart, Peter, to marry a man she hardly knew only to find herself in an abusive relationship. Now ten years later, she had escaped with her life but at what cost? Her mother was dead. Although the police had ruled her mother's death an accident, Tamara was convinced her estranged husband was to blame and to make matters worse, she knows she is his next target. While putting her mother's affairs in order, Tamara finds the blood of a vampire named Adrik, who as a human was falsely accused of raping a Russian heiress and ex-communicated from the Church in 1808. For the sake of revenge, he willing condemned himself to vampirism. Learning that the blood could tie the living to the undead, Tamara seeks out a connection with the long buried Adrik with the hopes of striking a deal, his freedom for her revenge. Will he be the edge she needs to outmaneuver her estranged husband or will she become entangled in a two century old web of revenge from which she cannot escape?


Excerpt:
Her image flickered in the corner, and she reappeared one final time, a peaceful smile touching and lighting up her face in silvery shadows. Unable to stop the tears that leached from my eyes, I watched her form flickered once more then dissolved completely into a clear vapor.
The last remnants of her spirit dissipated on the air, and a numb feeling crawled through my body. I shook with the chills even as sweat pooled in my armpits. My mind danced between logic and soul. Maybe it was simply a bad dream.

Review;

The book started off slow it took me a few chapters to get into it. Once it started moving I enjoyed the book. It tells a couple stories.... one about Tamara and her life as it was and goes into how it is now. It also tells a story about a guy Adrik and how he became a vampire. this is not your normal paranormal book it is a vampire story but its not a Twilight or a Dirty Blood... it give you a older version of how Vampires came to exist  I rate this book a 3.5... I did like this book but it took me a while to get hooked. but after I got hooked DL Atha did a great job wheeling me in. I look forward in reading more of her books and hope to find out how Peter takes the surprise ending. 

GoodReads



No comments:

Post a Comment