Monday, July 29, 2013

Ana Be Still by R. Hoolland Review


Author: R. Holland
Published: Dec. 2012
Pages: 129
Purchase:Amazon
Rating:4.5/5

Description:
“While you were out…There was a war…between the humans…and the vampires. I don’t think the humans won.”

“Well whoopity-doo! When are we ever not at war?” 

What would you do if you woke up one morning and the world was changed, never to be the same again?

Analisa Still (also known as Analisa Slayter) has just found out that everything she thought she knew about her life was a lie. To make matters worse, her parents have taken her to a compound for training. Total strangers seem to know more about who she is, what she is and what she was born to do than she does. And someone at the compound wants her dead. When the compound is attacked and the world overrun with vampires (and something else), Ana is forced to team up with the unlikeliest of allies. Thinking her betrothed is dead, Ana soon falls in love with one of her vampire comrades all while vowing to kill the vampires that killed her sister.

This book is recommended for ages 19 and up due to gory and graphic language.

Excerpt:
"As we walked down the hall, I noticed other doors. It reminded me of a hotel, or apartment building. But instead of hotel numbers  each door had a name on it. Hendricks, Timpson, Ramsey. I figured they were all last names. I turned to see if my last name was on my door as well as I did, he reached as he was going to pull me back around. If her touched me, I was going to kick him right in his manhood. I didn't care how good he looked. I was not in the mood for his bullshit."

Review: 
The book starts off with the narrator talking about this vamp, then goes in to first person as a seeker then back to the narrator then back to the seeker so you have to be careful to not get confused. I had to back track to make sure I didn't loose my self for a moment. It is a story about a young girl who seems to be a laid back girl; sarcastic teenager. She just lost her sister and her soon to be niece or nephew. In the story she learns that her parents kept a deep secret from her and has to go through a major life changing event. She falls in love... twice..... while learning all her new talents and gifts. In the end the author did a great tease to make you want me... like I do!!! That is one thing I love! I have a idea how the story will turn out but I can't wait to read the twist and turns Ana has to go through to learn about her new gift and how to "save the world" along with her "new found friends" life again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment