Friday, July 19, 2013

Cascades of Moonlight Review

Cascades of Moonlight 

(The Parker Harris Series)

Author: Amy K. McClung
Pages:259
Published Date: May 13,2012
Where to purchase: 

Synopsis:
Parker Harris was a normal teenage girl with a normal teenage life. That was true until two years ago when she was bitten by a werewolf, forcing her to endure the painful shifting each month during the full moon. She has kept this secret from everyone she loves. One day a stranger enters her small town and knows this secret. Nothing ever happens in the small town of Cascade Idaho, and new people rarely move in, but its Parker's senior year now and two new faces show up in town.  Shortly after their arrival, there is a brutal murder which becomes the first in Cascades history.

Excerpt:
Softly he whispered, "I know you're a werewolf, hon. When did you first turn?"
I gasped, glanced around to see if anyone was listening, and said in a loud whisper, "Werewolf? Are you crazy? I'm not a werewolf, there's no such thing!"
Panic rose in my chest, I could feel my legs shaking. My heart was racing, wondering how he could know that from just meeting me. Quin sat back, folded his arms across his chest and said, sardonically, "Really? Your going to play it like that?"
Getting angry now I scoffed "Look here, I dont know what you think you know, but if your trying to say I smell like a dog or even look like one... Well, you're really not making a friend here!"

Review:
When I was asked to read and review this book I was excited! I love Paranormal books. Reading a book about a young girl who was just his normal girl who had a best friend, went to school, parents worked all the time so she basically took care of her self. Sounded like the average teenager or young adult, Until she was attacked. She was the only one she had when it came to her change... she was scared to confide in anyone, scared they wouldn't accept her. Which too many young people today hide there true self to keep from being 'pushed out'. But as she finds out later in the book it was the opposite of what she expected... she not only found her love but her best friend for eternity. 
The story has many twist in it which completely describes a teenage life... She meets new people has trouble figuring out who to trust when everyone lies to her. 
The Author Amy McClung is a new writer this was her first book of her first series. I enjoyed reading this book and can not wait to start the next book. I do feel like at times the story was rushed like maybe she could of made some things a little more detailed or longer to give more of a pull to the story... I love books that can make the reader feel like they are there, and she did a great job doing that, but in some places i felt like she rushed it. 
I do recommend this book... I hope it teaches young people today to be themselves and not be scared to tell the ones who love you who or what you are in fear of them not accepting you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment